The Henderson State University Foundation—or Henderson Foundation—is an independent, nonprofit corporation chartered by the State of Arkansas to operate exclusively for the benefit of Henderson State University. Separate from the university it serves, the Henderson Foundation functions as a bank for private money received for the benefit of the public state university. The Foundation receives deposits, invests and disburses these funds.
The affairs and management of the Foundation and its property are vested solely in its Board of Directors, which consists of a minimum of nine members. Representing private gift donors, the directors guarantee that contributions are used wholly to support the purposes for which they are donated.
The Foundation is organized and operated entirely for charitable, scientific, literary and educational purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954, as amended, or in accordance with the corresponding provisions of any future United States Revenue law, and, more particularly, to promote and further education in Arkansas.
Interim Vice President of University Advancement
1100 Henderson Street
HSU Box 7550
Arkadelphia, AR 71999-0001